Retired Dy. Director General Telecom
Department of Telecommunications & IT
Government of India & Principal Advisor, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
An International expert in New Generation Network (NGN) technologies, Telecom Regulation, Interconnection and Broadband with 38 years’ experience in all aspects of Telecommunications, including 33 years of active services with Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India , TRAI , the Regulator and BSNL A PSU, Ravindra Kumar Mishra ,A Graduate in Electronics and Communications , is recognized as an Analyst, Advocate and Advisor on ICT related Policies, Projects and Business. He joined Ministry of Communications & IT in 1983 in ITS cadre as Assistant Divisional Engineer ( ADET ) and first posting as SDO Telegraph at Sikkim.
Experience in Telecom
A. During course of journey in Department of Telecommunications, Government of India, he has served in following establishment.
- 1983-1985 Assistant Divisional Engineer Telegraphs ( ADET )
- 1985-1987 SDO Telegraph Gangtok Sikkim
- 1987-1989 Divisional Engineer T , (STS grade) Siliguri heading Telecom District Darjeeling ,WB
- 1989-1990 Divisional Engineer Telecom , Port Blair , A& N
- 1990-1995 Telecom District Manager ( JAG ) Asansol heading Telecom District Burdwan , WB
- 1995-1998 Telecom District Manager ( JAG ) Siliguri heading Telecom District Darjeeling , WB and Area Director North Bengal WB
- 1998-2003 Area Manager in Kolkata Telecom ( South, Central and Jadav pur Area)
- 2003-2006 General Manager Kolkata Telecom District , Data Communication , Broadband, Customer Services
- 2006-2008 Sr General Manager Telecom, Jamshedpur , Jharkhand
- 2008-2010 Sr General manager , BSNL Corporate office New Delhi
- 2010 -2012 Principal Advisor , TRAI as Additional Secretary On Deputation
- 2012-2015 Dy Director General , DoT ,Ministry of Communications &IT, Govt of India
B. He was on Board of following Companies during his Service:
- Board of Directors - Indian Telephone Industry (ITI) Bangalore, A PSU
- Board of Director- Millennium Telecom Limited ( MTL) A PSU under DoT.
- Board of Director- IIM Ahmedabad Telecom Centre of Excellence (IITCOE) Under TRAI ,Ministry of Communications
C. During his Tenure in Government he was trained in in various Management Institute:
- IIM Kolkata
- Asian Institute of Management Manila Philippine,
- IIM Ahmedabad
D. During his Tenure in Government, he was also deputed to Foreign Countries to represent Government of India on Telecommunication.
- Shanghai, China in year 1992
- Tokyo Japan year 2009
- Manila Philippine year 2010
- Germany 2011
- France 2011
E. After Superannuation in 2015 appointed as Sr Telecom Consultant in TCIL a PSU under DoT Ministry of Communications for one year.
F. There after he worked as Independent Consultant in Telecom field .
- Elected as the Vice President of ITU-APT Foundation of India,
- He is Member of Pacific Telecommunication Council’s India Foundation ( PTCIF) ,
- Coordinator of Study group on ITU –T and ITU- D.
- He contributed in promotion of NGN Forum in India to spread awareness and capacity building in the field of emerging technologies. As an Expert in Telecom, imparts training in Broadband Policy and Regulation, Interconnection Costing etc.
- As CEO , SAAM Corp Advisors Pvt Ltd , supporting Telecom industry in Regulatory compliances, forging newer partnerships and “Making It Happen” the vision of “Connecting the Unconnected people living in Rural areas of country”.
- As Pr. Advisor with Satcom Industry Association, advising on consulting work by the Association
Ravindra Kumar Mishra
Address: A53 , Himalayan Residency , Dwarka Sec 22 , New Delhi110075
Email: [email protected]